Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long and Short.....

06 749R... enjoying a day at NJMP Thunderbolt. Around 3 I noticed some black fluid splattered on my belly pan. Pull the bodywork and find a leak from the lowest bolt of the clutch cover.

Its a dry clutch.....so.....any ideas where liquid can be coming in from? The fluid was thin and black black, didnt seem like oil to me, but perhaps it mixed with the clutch dirt friction from the plates etc.

Its a stock slave BTW.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Yep. Sounds like your clutch pushrod seals. I had that happen on my ST a while back. It did NOT ever hamper clutch operation as best I could tell. It just drips down the inside and out the bottom without getting the plates. I'd say your fine. Just keep an eye on oil level at the track. Then again, if you can get the seals, it's about an hour to replace 'em and all you need are your full clutch tools and a couple of dental pics...oh, and an 8mm socket to tap the bigger seal of the 3 into place. Here's a link to the parts I'm talking about.
http://www.desmotimes.com/product91.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts