Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the front of the fuel tank there is two ports, neither of them have hoses going anywhere or plugged off. What needs to be done?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The left port is the fuel tank vent, the right is the overflow.You can run some vacuum hose down to the underside of the engine where any fuel escaping cannot cause harm, or you can plug them and run a Corsa style vent tube from the bung on the left side of the tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The left port is the fuel tank vent, the right is the overflow.You can run some vacuum hose down to the underside of the engine where any fuel escaping cannot cause harm, or you can plug them and run a Corsa style vent tube from the bung on the left side of the tank.
I only put about 1 gallon of fuel in the bike and it appeared fuel was coming out of both. I am wondering if for shipping purposes that's how they drained the fuel and forgot to put a hose back. On the top left side of the tank towards the front there is about 1/2 size or smaller nut but it is painted and does not seem like it would be a functioning vent. Is that the bung you are talking about?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I only put about 1 gallon of fuel in the bike and it appeared fuel was coming out of both. I am wondering if for shipping purposes that's how they drained the fuel and forgot to put a hose back. On the top left side of the tank towards the front there is about 1/2 size or smaller nut but it is painted and does not seem like it would be a functioning vent. Is that the bung you are talking about?
That is the bung I was refering to. Just need to remove the screw and get a threaded adapter for a vent line. The other ports should not leak fuel like that. Sounds like the lines inside the tank that connect to the fuel cap are not connected; but if you capped them up and ran the vent from the top of the tank, I don't see an issue, unless your caps come undone somehow.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I didn't even realize the 749R tanks had the bung on top. I never really looked I guess. IVe got one on my project bike tank but didn't think they came on stock bikes. Learn something new every day...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts