Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if they have or know of a front race harness that fits a 749R. I want to get rid of all the extra plugs and wire and just have an on/off toggle switch.
I thought I saw that Ducati had one available, but asking big $ no doubt.
Thanks

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
From my understanding, Ducati never had a harness, unlike the 748RS.

What I did was take a 748 on/off switch and re-wire it, to plug into the 749's harness. Then I ditched the left side wiring and threw the switch there.

There is a "track" conversion kit for the fuse box which cleans things up in the front and removes the headlight assembly. But you still gotta cut several connectors off and do a lot of splicing. It took me a few hours with a multimeter and service manual to go through the harness on my work bench and cut off the right things. Because I'm using a race fuel tank, I had to move the on-off switch as well.

Magneti Marelli has a harness for $3500 bux (yes, three thousand dollars) which has all the plugs for the telemetry and other sensors. I thought it was to much money... :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
I made a race harness from a normal harness. Pretty easy actually. Just figured out what was needed and started cutting.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made a race harness from a normal harness. Pretty easy actually. Just figured out what was needed and started cutting.
Yeah, I think I'll do the same. I was just a bit reluctant to do that in case it went back on the road, but I haven't got any of the street stuff anyway, so that's not very likely.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
444 Posts
yup, dp sold one along with the race fairing stay. it eliminated all of the extra wiring for lights and such.

·
Registered
644 Posts
DP included an abbreviated harness in the race fairing stay kit.
What he said.

It's not too expensive and takes about 10 minutes to install. No cutting and splicing is required.

You can also get rid of the key to something like Tye did. The race harness does not remove the immobiliser crap. I used the toggle Tye did, but I removed the ring from the key housing and wrapped a key around it with electrical tape and tucked it under the tank.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What he said.

It's not too expensive and takes about 10 minutes to install. No cutting and splicing is required.

You can also get rid of the key to something like Tye did. The race harness does not remove the immobiliser crap. I used the toggle Tye did, but I removed the ring from the key housing and wrapped a key around it with electrical tape and tucked it under the tank.
I have just been offered a new front DP harness for $150 so rather than dick around molesting the stock harness I'll go with that.
I have a nemisis ecu so the immobiliser crap is not going to be an issue ... at least that's what I've been led to believe.
Thanks again guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts