Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, my clutch started going. My dealer doesn't have the plates specific to the R's slipper clutch, and I have a track day tomorrow. The plates look identical to the ones on a standard 749, which are easy to get. Can I use them with the R's slipper clutch? If not, is there anyone within a few hours of chicago that has them in stock???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just got off the phone with my dealer....he said the standard pack uses the 2mm steels, and 7 of the 8 in the R are 1.5mm's. I guess that makes sense because the fiche shows the R with 8 friction/8plain and the 749/S with 4friction/6plain discs.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If you need to use your bike tomorrow and you unsure about your clutches life just stick another plate in that will fit. youl have a good day and you cant do anymore damage to a knackered clutch

·
Registered
107 Posts
Stack height is whats important.

I don't have a slipper clutch. But you want to be in the "Ideal" stack height range so the clutch will work properly. It's 38mm for the non slippers I believe. If you substitute some or all of the frictions from a standard clutch pack and are in the correct range then all should be well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts