Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling the top of the airbox off my 2004 749R and the top of the plastic top of the front injector were the fuel line feeds snapped. Anybody know of a place that I can send these to for replacement. I would rather not spend $1,800 to replace from Ducati for a $2 piece that is broken.

·
Registered
468 Posts
There was a set of RS trumpets for sale on here a little while back...... The stock ones are plastic, the RS are Billet...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - it is the top of the actual injector as you can see in the picture the holder is fine and is all billet on the 749r

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
They are not standard! That looks like the supersport kit V stacks.... I'm sure the ones removed from my bike were black...

·
Registered
144 Posts
duramix 40/40

duramix40/40 is a rigid plastic epoxy and might do the trick to get you by until you can locate another. Just scuff up the two parts with 36 grit sandpaper to give the DM a good bonding surface. Sets up really quick and is rock hard over night. Other option would be buy or find someone with a plastic welder! you might be able to weld it back togeather. Worth a shot either way!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would sleeve the two parts before epoxying. Call in at your local model shop and buy a piece of thin walled brass tube the same ID as the broken fitting. Carefully drill out the broken pieces to the OD of the brass pipe and epoxy the lot together. It will be stronger than the original part.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the ideas I'll try. I've been trying to contact Magneti Marelli to see if they sell the part seperate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts