Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are R fairings (non carbon) worth anymore than non R 749/999 fairings? Is there a difference other than color scheme?

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Are R fairings (non carbon) worth anymore than non R 749/999 fairings? Is there a difference other than color scheme?
The 749R non-carbon fairings are a different plastic that is lighter than the normal fairings and apparently lighter than the carbon fairings as well. Other than the black lettering, the weight is the only difference.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Is interesting that you mention that about different plastic for the 749R. Is it really different or is it just the different (and lighter) plastic (Terblend)which they started using on all the superbikes (except 999R) in 2005?

I think we need to have a "weigh off" to put this to rest. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Is interesting that you mention that about different plastic for the 749R. Is it really different or is it just the different (and lighter) plastic (Terblend)which they started using on all the superbikes (except 999R) in 2005?

From what I have read, it is different. But I don't work for Ducati, so it could be mumbo jumbo they just said. If anyone in Houston has a scale and wants to pop by I am game for a weigh off ;)

·
Registered
516 Posts

does this mean my base model 06 has lighter plastics then an 03 base model??

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
does this mean my base model 06 has lighter plastics then an 03 base model??
yes,in 05 ducati made small changes in the fairing plastic and shape

·
Registered
217 Posts
I read in a book that Ducati changed the styling a little from the 03/04 models because the design/styling/fabrication actually cost much more to make than the 05 onward, thereby lowering the profit margin they had for the price they set....Is this true?
I am told this is why there are less vents up front, smoother angles on the fairings with less holes, angled styling, that are on the older models....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts