Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This winter I need to put some TLC into the ‘06 dark, haven’t ridden it much in last couple of years due to other projects and such. Looking at redoing the clutch and going through brakes as they are spongy (already bled). Plan is to replace lines and rebuild calipers.

Looking for advice on master cylinder front and rear. Looking at rebuilding the rear and is it worth doing front master cylinder rebuild as opposed to upgrading? If upgrading what are some good options to go with?

Also on to do list is clutch. Forgot to mention bike has about 12.5k miles on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put on a Brembo 16 RCS clutch master and 19 RCS brake master, and man o man....its awesome. Install is very easy and straight forward, no modifications required. I dont really use the rear brake very much so didn't see a need to upgrade that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you bleed the air outta the front brake reservoir with an 8mm socket? It's under the cover. Videos on YouTube for much of the maintanance
I have seen couple of videos showing loosening nut and then pumping lever to get air out. Then others which I would say is more traditional method of opening bolt, squeeze lever, close bolt and release lever. Is there a preferred method when doing this from the reservoir?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put on a Brembo 16 RCS clutch master and 19 RCS brake master, and man o man....its awesome. Install is very easy and straight forward, no modifications required. I dont really use the rear brake very much so didn't see a need to upgrade that.
Looks sharp!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have seen couple of videos showing loosening nut and then pumping lever to get air out. Then others which I would say is more traditional method of opening bolt, squeeze lever, close bolt and release lever. Is there a preferred method when doing this from the reservoir?

What I did was buy a big brake fluid syringe. I put it on the left brake bleeder, apply a bit of suction and then crack the nut, let it suck the reservoir NEAR dry. Close the valve (never relieving suction on the syringe until the bleed valve is closed). Then top off the reservoir again and then do it to the right side brake. Then do again to the MC bleeder.

With this method you usually won't even have to do the old pump hold bleed method. I still do it at the end for peace of mind but doesn't really change the lever feel.

Another trick is to zip tie the levers in as hard as you can and let the bike sit overnight. The air will slowly work it's way to the reservoir and leaves the levers rock hard.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Did this very same upgrade. Also added an aftermarket Oberon slave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts