Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked-up a bitubo damper and only have instructions in Italian.
Anyone have a link to instructions in english?

Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just picked-up a bitubo damper and only have instructions in Italian.
Anyone have a link to instructions in english?

Thanks!
Ha! I had the same problem. Luckily the guy that I bought mine from was Italian so he was able to read the instructions while I installed it. The installation is pretty straight forwards however. Just take your time and gently install all the clamps and screws loosely, position the damper where you would like it and then tighten everything up. If you try to slide the damper while it is torqued, it will scratch !!!!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you still know him - could I get a translation?
$5 by paypal if you can and I will post it for others...

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've done it and you don't need the instructions. Its' simple...

Bolt on your brackets.

The yoke clamp should be favouring the right side and the bolt heads facing the tank. The frame bracket should be angled forward slightley.

Installing the dampener. After sliding in the dampener center your yoke and make sure everything lines up and hand tighten your bolts.

Check for clearance issues. Mine was hitting the left shock and I had to adjust my steering stops. The adjustment knob should be pointing to the left hand. When you move your bars lock to lock, the dampener should move left to right and in a straight line. Your bars should go from lock to lock with out your dampener hitting the end of the adjustment knob or the frame bracket eye loop.

Pull your dampener out and tighten the bolt on your yoke. Bolt on the dampener, tighten the rest of the bolts. Remember to check your clearances after tightening everything. You don't want to be knocking something or pulling the dampener out of the yoke clamp.

And enjoy!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect, that is the little info. that I was looking for!
Thank you, going to install now!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed, quick and easy.
Had to adjust the left steering stop just a couple hairs.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts