Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,547 Posts
No point in having more power than you're capable of using.

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
IMHO - being passed several times, by the same guy, in the same session probably means you'd be a lot safer (to yourself and those around you) by moving to the next slower group.
I certainly agree with you ,to a point. In my case it was throwing an expert class champion racer into a trackday, on a 150rwhp bike. mixing with guys like me a "never gonna be a racer" (no interest) but safe rider on a 60rwhp bike. If he couldn't do it I must be great... I wish.

The events are private invite only trackdays with all levels of speed but one common theme, everyone is a very good rider who can hold a line and be safe for those who are riding with them. Think riding with only people you want to hang out with no egos.

The real fast guys are usually so good they are the safest ones on the track as they have the skills and speed to make good safe judgements. unlike some less skilled riders trying to be the fast guys who still need to find out what they do not know.

I was watching Ian riding on track with the slowest rider filming her and having a great time too. So technically I lapped him a couple of times as well, somehow I don't think it counts though.

Back on track with the thread so many have nailed it I feel the best bike is the one you are on and enjoy. Enjoying a motorcycle is nothing more than it making you smile and it is a personal decision. They all make me smile.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts