Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh so this past year my movers dropped my 749 with 500 miles on it off a semi truck...it landed upside down.....ive since had the bike fixed...a few weeks after that i was hit by a jamican man in a gas station parking lot...it was fixed again..( i was sitting still mind u)..and now that its nice out and its been Fixed* by the local aprilia dealer...ducati dealer is so far...i noticed that it seems like i have to go deeper into the clutch for it to grip...is it possible ot have 600 miles on a bike and lose the clutch? what could be the problem? im an experienced rider...ive been riding since i was 10 and im 21 now...ive done numerous track days getting into racing so i dont think its my riding style..any ideas what this maybe...maybe im paranoid since the bike is so cursed haha(geting a daytona this week as my road bike, gonna convert the duc to a track bike) i was on a rather steep hill when it wouldnt grip...=( ...am i paranoid? sorry for the long post guys... :D

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
thisnjducquacks said:
i was hit by a jamican man in a gas station parking lot... :D
Man, that's tough. I hate to hear that.

What's a "jamican man"? :confused:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha sorry forgive my spelling...jamaican...jamaica...haha he was so old he couldnt see...i felt bad for the guy...totall accident i laughed it off with him all the way to the bank ;) lol jk

but seriously any ideas about what this maybe?

and yes im a terrible speller please no comments haha before i got a ducati i was considering a duc and a huge diff was how shitty their owners community was i love ducati and the ducatisti...haha ...for now... jk

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
geospencer said:
Man, that's tough. I hate to hear that.

What's a "jamican man"? :confused:

Jamaican man? I thought that was a rasta weed smokin Marley voodoo character.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha nope just some random old guy haha...i should put that instead...but he was so funny and cool and im mad chill even after beeing run over haha

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
NJQuacker: Sounds like some air got in your clutch master cylinder. Not sure about the new clutch slave cylinders, but the older ones are the pukes. Mine needs to to be topped up every now and then, because the slave leaks slowly. I thought Ducati started making better ones since 2002? but maybe they're lousy also. You can either rebuild the slave, or buy an aftermarket one like Evoluzione...

Look at your bike and see if it's extra moist in the front sprocket area. (Sometimes it a tough call due to the chain lube fling.) Also, check to make sure the master cyl. has enough fluid in it.

If it has gone low, a simple fill and bleed should restore the full lever feel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
nah its not a big deal man. Lets say worse case senario, you need a slave and a clutch... its like under 200 for an aftermarket slave that makes it a little easier on your hand... and i think under 200 for a barnett clutch kit for your bike. I mean thats if the two components are bad. O and your master cylinder could be bad... thats like 150 or so on ebay. I bet you just need to bleed everything really well and that ought to take care of it. No biggie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts