Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to repaint part of my frame. I had a crack in the paint on a footpeg mount tab that I thought was a crack in the metal, so, I wire-brushed the paint off in preparation for welding, only to find that the tab is fine. BUT, now I need to paint it.

Colorite wants $33 for a spray can. That's a bit excessive, I think. Are there any automotive silver paints that match?
Or, maybe another paint mfg. that makes it in the right color.

Thanks in advanced!
Jay

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if the $33 can is the correct colour i'd call it a bargain.
I'm not 100% sure that it is the right color. I'd take a chance at $10 or less. At $33, I want to be 100% certain.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
I can only speak to my experience with their products, which was the Ducati Gray Metallic for the '02 748 Mono. I purchased the small jar of touch up paint for some scratches in the frame and after a good amount of post painting work with buffing and polishing compounds you would have to know where the scratches were to be able to see any perceptible difference in new vs original paint.

I'm with @belter on this... if it matches anywhere near as well as mine did, at $33 for the can, it is a bargain. Just remember that your results are going to be commensurate with the amount of work you are willing to put into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts