Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
comrade moderator
26,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a miracle!! I can see whats going on behind me without doing the "Chicken Dance"!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That looks like an '03 or '04 bike ... believe it or not, on the '05 and '06's, you can actually see behind you already

·
Registered
364 Posts
I see you removed the OEM mirrors. Is there some sort of block off plate that you put on, or what did you do to secure the upper (because the mirrors provided some support to the upper. Or, do you just have holes there where the mirrors were? That would be great if you could post a pict.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cool. What about the turn signals? Did you mount a set elswhere? If you get a chance, could you please post a few more pics from a few different angles? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did anyone buy the longer mirrors that use to be on the Ducati.com site under accessories page?

I saw them a few months back but looked today and they were no longer listed. They had integrated turn signals and were suppose to provide the missing sight behind your elbows

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I've never had a Ducati that didn't end up with CRG's. Barends are the answer IMHO. Can't understand why sport bikes don't come with them standard.

bruce19

·
comrade moderator
26,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here in Arizona turn signals aren't a requirement for street bikes. All of my past streetbikes have been my retired race bikes and never had signals on them.
I figured the fronts aren't running lights, so they could go. I like having turn signals on the rear, though so they stayed put. It flashes slightly faster than stock, but not bad at all.

Anyhoo...a zip tie thru the two close holes where the mirrors were, and we're good to go!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've never had a problem with the mirrors. Everybody says they suck but you just have to work a little harder to see out of them. :)

·
comrade moderator
26,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heh...I guess that's like seats. "Everybody" claims these seats suck...I have no problem at all with it.
Different strokes and all that.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Chuckracer said:
LOL! That means I just saved 15K! Cool!!

Yeah, it's an '04.
Lol... now that's a smart way to upgrade :think:

I think the '03 and '04's look great without the sidemirrors

·
Registered
184 Posts
bruce19 said:
I've never had a Ducati that didn't end up with CRG's. Barends are the answer IMHO. Can't understand why sport bikes don't come with them standard.

bruce19

I agree every bike Ive ever owned got the stockers taken off. IMO i think it makes the bike look ten times better too

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's all about originality isn't it? Now your bike really stands out in the crowd.
cool. :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yellow749s said:
I've never had a problem with the mirrors. Everybody says they suck but you just have to work a little harder to see out of them. :)

working harder to see means more time your eyes arent payin attention to whats in front of you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Chuckracer said:

Here in Arizona turn signals aren't a requirement for street bikes. All of my past streetbikes have been my retired race bikes and never had signals on them.
I figured the fronts aren't running lights, so they could go. I like having turn signals on the rear, though so they stayed put. It flashes slightly faster than stock, but not bad at all.

Anyhoo...a zip tie thru the two close holes where the mirrors were, and we're good to go!
what are you going to do about those HUGE holes in the fairings that the old mirrors left behind?

·
comrade moderator
26,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heh...well, every streetbike I've owned has looked like this cause every streetbike has been my last years race bike, except for this one. I'm way more concerned with function and could care less about form.

Heck, sooner or later I'm gonna crash the crap out of it anyhoo. At that point me and a clever and talented friend of mine are gonna make a "Naked 749" out of it. Actually I'm probably going to start working on it this summer when it's too hot to ride. I'll keep everybody posted!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here's a picture of the nose cone with a turn signal and held in place by Dzus fasteners.

The LED lights came from Greggs Customs. It's a "generic" white frosted marker.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts