Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2004 749d and i am going with the black and gold theme any input on what i can buy gold that bolts on the bike so far i have levers, clutch pressure plate, slave clyinder.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Rizoma has grips also in gold. Marchesini magnesium rims can be bought in gold or you just powdercoat the original ones to gold. Several brands that sell footpegs have them on gold too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The black-gold combo is a great look, always reminds me of John Player Specials race paint schemes. A mate is fitting gold parts to his White/blue R6 and the main thing he's found is that not all gold is the same....so take your time sourcing parts so that they match.

The 'less is more' quote springs to mind so for instance I'd do gold pazzo levers with black reservior caps and gold chain with black rear sprocket.

Definitely wouldn't do all fixings / rearsets etc- I'd change most to black and then pick a few gold highlights.

Are you thinking of powdercoating the wheels gold? Sure I saw a picture of one on ducatisti.co.uk. Looked great.

Alternatively.....someone posted some images in the superbike pictures thread of their dark with just a handfull of red parts. Lovely!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
A mate is fitting gold parts to his White/blue R6 and the main thing he's found is that not all gold is the same....so take your time sourcing parts so that they match.
I guess the only way to get them match is to powdercoat everything yourself. The ones I mentioned don't match when it comes to the color of gold, so in a way it's a waste of money, if you want perfect match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts