Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK , so last night everything was good. I stopped to get fuel ,shut it off , fueled up , It started fine -but the tach pinned at 13,000 and no info on the lcd screen, just blank but the illumination was on . Everything still woked ( directionals ,high low beam etc..) So rode her home .This morning The duc dealer says i am screwed without the red key. I come home and strip her down and look for a loose wire, mellted wire,anything! Check the fuses all good . I turn the key on it works now, more mileage now and flashing ( code ) and she wont start. What next , The dealer is closed.

Thanks , Dave

·
Registered
797 Posts
Better find the Red Key, without it you may be hosed, from what I've read, without it you cannot read codes or change tuning....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright , I didnt put the two fuses back in by the battery, I put them in and She starts and the gauges work as they should. Mileage is also back to what it should be, WTF!

·
Registered
797 Posts
That's great, yet track down the RED KEY, no matter how ugly it may be, sooner or later you will be up an ugly creek, with no paddle except lowering the value of your 749 by $1800.00......

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
its been a common issue that the tach acts up.poor connection at the fuses at the right side of the headlight pod

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I am going to try to find the original owner , 2nd , whoever for the red key . If no luck there what about MOTORVEX? I saw the add on flea bay. Send them gauges , ecu , and ignition and they can make a red key. Any body try them yet?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
pm ''tomtom'' here,fast turnaround and reasonable $$$ for ecu work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts