Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know i used to live in a converted barn, and these problems never happens. i'd open the barn doors and pull my 749 right into my living room, and i could work on it with great lighting, heated floors, yada yada.

anyway, while working on my bike outside, i 1 broke a little tab at the bottom of my left fairing which connects the two together, and i 2 lost a few fairing screws.

i tried looking at the parts catalogue but it seems like each screw has a different part number, is that correct?

so could someone lead me to where i can order some replacement screws for my fairing (and tailpipe actually which was lost when i bought the bike) and could someone help me figure out a way to not buy a whole new fairing??

here are some pics to show what i'm talking about:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
As far as the fairing, you can glue it together and reinforce the repair with fiberglass cloth and epoxy , or just drill holes on either side and zip tie it together. Myself, I would buy a new fairing. What screws are you missing? Pics would help a lot.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn. that sucks. a new fairing is going to cost some serious cash, if the price quote for OEM from my dealer is accurate.

i'm talking about the screws that hold the fairings to the frame. there are about three or four for each side. one is one the ground in the picture.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Those are Dzus fasteners, Go to racebolts.com for those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts