Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 749d. I liked the way the pre 05 nose clips looked, so I baught one and used a Dremel tool and deburred the insides of the nose clip/panels to make if fit snug with the 06 panels. Worked out fine. When I purchased the pre 05 nose clip, the previous owner took off the upper air intake plastic pieces. I've been looking for those for awhile. Came across a thread here on this website. Guy is selling a crashed set of 03-04 749 plastics real cheap, and it just so happens that it has those upper little plastic pieces that I needed. I am buying the rest of the plastics as well cause he is selling them so cheap. I want to repair them and Paint them yellow again and use them as an extra set. Change the color up on the bike every 6 months or so. anyone know if they will fit on a 06 Bike?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I am not replying because, I am the dude selling the plastics :D But,

the 03 plastics will fit 05+, Except, the mirror mounting stays are wider on the 05+ bikes. The nose fairing will fit, although it will be tight. The windscreen holes are different for 03 nose fairing, so you'll need a windscreen that fits 03 models. You can also replace the fairing stays on the headlight bucket to make the nose fit perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts