Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an 05 749 Biposto. I am looking to upgrade the exhaust. To my surprise, it seems that my only option is a full Termingnoni exhaust, which will set me back $2500 to $3000. Earlier models with the older swingarm seem to have more options.

Does anyone know of any other companies producing a quality exhaust for the 749/999? Either full system or 1/2 system ? For me its more about weight savings and sound than out right performance. I mean, I love the performance of my 749, but it has more than enough power stock ( for me) and the bike can certainly outperform me when push comes to shove....so I just want a quality system with some weight savings that will allow my bike to soiund like a Duc ! I had a full Arrow exhaust on my 900SS and that was very high quality and cheaper than the Termingnoni.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Or should I just spend the cash for a full Termi system ?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Termi has it's look which I'm sure you are familiar with. Only the full system is available for your swing arm if I understand correctly. I would contact Section 8 to see if there is a half system available. Then there's the Remus. It has the dual oval can under the tail, 916/996/998 style look to it. Then there's the Zard/Leo Vince/Akrapovic/Sil Moto systems. All of these have systems for your bike and they all have a similar look. Some moderate differences in design/style but basically the same look overall.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can buy a new 50mm Termi slipon can + front cyl header + CF cover from a euro 04 999R for a little over $1K. I did that from section 8 and am very happy with the result.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
610 Posts
This is something I came across that pushes away from the norm....I found it at Carpimoto.com

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with Galaxy.
If you are shopping for weight reduction and a better sound, ANYTHING will do that. Let me add Shark Exhausts to the list though. They make a Termi-ish box system with 2 outlets, whereas the Akrapovic only has one.
I personally like the Remus dual-can undertail look, and I am ordering it (full system, with Power Commander) for 1750 installed.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts