Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's winter time here in the Northeast and which of course means my beautiful bike has been sitting untouched. I usually have it on the tender but we've had a few days here and there where it was nice enough to ride. This being the case just the other day I decided to take the bike out, she needed a little help from the fast idle switch but otherwise started right up. It's about a 25 minute ride to where I was going and throughout the journey I could see my battery slowly draining starting at 13 and getting all the way down to about 1. At this point I was a little panicked so i made sure to pull the throttle enough to keep it running at stops and did make it to my destination. Unfortunately as soon as I let up it immediately died and wouldn't start back up. I let it sit for around 7 hours and then came back out hoping I could get it to start as this was my only way home. I turned it on all the gauges and lights started like normal and the battery was marking 12. But when press the starter all I hear is the fuel priming. The engine itself wont even make an attempt to start. Should I just leave the bike on the tender for a while ? Or do I have a bigger issue ? If anybody has any idea your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Need to know what the battery voltage is while cranking, this will give us a direction. Is it a lead acid battery or lithium.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to know what the battery voltage is while cranking, this will give us a direction. Is it a lead acid battery or lithium.
Today it was marking at 12v. Im not sure what type of battery it is I'll have to take the fairings off and have a peek. However I dont even hear the usual click
indicating that its dead. I just get nothing. She'll be going on the tender tomorrow i didnt have time today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts