Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to switch to custom gauges, I heard there is a way to to get the stock ECU re-flashed to bypass the immobilizer and ignore the unmatched gauges. Is this something that can be done at any Ducati dealer?
Trying to find an alternative to sending it to Moto Wheels etc.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
use it as freeware to switch off immobilizer
Correction: you can not switch off the immo function with the freeware diag program. You need the separate Writer for this - and to pay the 100€ license fee. But then, it will let you load different maps if you like - plus do other things as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry yes you are correct, its been a while since i have used Ducatidiag or the writer software.

Will be the best 100 euro you will spend on your bike

·
Registered
303 Posts
Will be the best 100 euro you will spend on your bike
Couldn't agree more. The original ECU in my 999 suddenly decided not to fire on the front cylinder any more a month ago. Picked up two used ECU's for 30€ and $40 respectively, cables from a local supplier for 20€, paid the license and flashed them with different (Ducati Performance) maps from the public DD library (as a test). Bike has never been this good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!
Would I be able to eliminate the use of Power Commander?
I am also doing the 924cc (999 cylinders and Pistal pistons)
I would love to use the original ecu since bike is going to be naked now, with a cafe tail (Rad Ducati) so less space to put the power commander in.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes you can scrap the Power Commander. But the setup you are going for would most likely mean further editing of the maps combined with dyno time to get the last bhp out of the machine. It can be done, thanks to a fine piece of free/donorware written by another community member: ECM (Edit Custom Maps) which you also find on the DD website.

Tip: It helps of your ECU is the later IAW 5AM...more maps available for this ECU, it seems. Anyway, it is more recent (read: the last for 749/999) and fixes some problems that the 59M never solved. That's why Ducati/Magneti Marelli upgraded the hardware, I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you can scrap the Power Commander. But the setup you are going for would most likely mean further editing of the maps combined with dyno time to get the last bhp out of the machine. It can be done, thanks to a fine piece of free/donorware written by another community member: ECM (Edit Custom Maps) which you also find on the DD website.

Tip: It helps of your ECU is the later IAW 5AM...more maps available for this ECU, it seems. Anyway, it is more recent (read: the last for 749/999) and fixes some problems that the 59M never solved. That's why Ducati/Magneti Marelli upgraded the hardware, I guess.
Thanks again. I signed up to ducatidiag. I am a little lost. Seems like most posts are in french and there is not much in the way of instructions.. Took a look for a second while at work. May be need to dig deeper.

I think I got the IAW 59M :(.
Will definitely get it to dynoguy after putting it back together

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's what you get for being American...:) No knowledge of other languages, let alone cultures.

No but seriously, there is an International section with all the info you need, in English. And if in doubt, please feel free to ask questions. You WILL get answers. DD users are a nice bunch and keen to help.

Or, if research fails, PM me and I can fill in the gaps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what you get for being American...:) No knowledge of other languages, let alone cultures.

No but seriously, there is an International section with all the info you need, in English. And if in doubt, please feel free to ask questions. You WILL get answers. DD users are a nice bunch and keen to help.

Or, if research fails, PM me and I can fill in the gaps.
Actually, not an American (yet), English is my 2nd language, check the username ;) But I will get any help I can :)

Thanks for the help! I will try to get the alfa/fiat/obd cables soon! I will probably need to re-wire the bike and put the engine back in the chasis before hand. This is going to help now that I don't have the deal with the odd shaped factory gauge that's impossible to hide w/out the fairing.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Merhaba

If it helps for testing purposes you dont have to resemble the bike, you can make up a quick desktop connector for the ecu and change settings or remap off bike. there are instructions in the International section on Ducatidiag forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts