Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So did some tinkering this weekend on the 2005 749....replace the old Red speedy moto preassure plate with a new gold one and replaced the Short CRG clutch lever with a long one. Everything seem to go just fine and I have no issues with anything however....now for some reason the bike will not start unless its in Nuetral even if the clutch is pulled in and it is an absolute bitch to find an put into Neutral...its like its really hard to get it in there. It runs fine once its good and hot but still really hard to find nuetral. The clutch pull seems to be VERY short now too...what the hell did I do ??? is it something with the preassure plate or with the clutch lever...could really use some advice !!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
I would try bleeding it well (even though you didn't open up the system) just to be sure that is not part of the problem.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
When you have troubles to get the bike in neutral, it is mostly caused by air in the clutch line or you should put new oil in it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure

All i did was remove the bolts for the preassure plate, pulled plate off, put new plate on and but bolts back on and tightened down in star patteren...then...removed CRG clutch lever...caught the spring before it fell and replaced with a CRG long lever....just cant figure out where i went wrong !

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
You must have got the bike emotionally upset. Sounds like it is just being difficult ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roflol !!!

You must have got the bike emotionally upset. Sounds like it is just being difficult ;)
Dam Italian ladies !!!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts