Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 2006 749. I haven't done any significant mechanical work on my prior motorcycles cause I never had time. Now that I'm retired I want to do most of my own work. The 749 needs all the general maintenance like fluids, pads, tires, belts etc. The bike has 5,027 miles.

Took apart the clutch to check plate wear and it sure looks like I need a new stack and probably a new housing. As I was cleaning out the dust I notice slice shaped holes in the cups of the pressure plate. Every one of the six had a narrow eye shaped hole. I'm wondering if the spring screws were too tight. I can't remember the torque setting but they seemed hard to unscrew.

Since I'm a total newbie with maintenance and with Ducatis, am I missing something important here? I plan to buy a new stack, housing, and pressure plate. Recommendations there would also be welcome.

Thanks to all the contributors to this site. I've been through all the HOW as well as the 36 pages of tech discussion. I always try to avoid asking questions that have been answered. Plus, you all have posted really good info that has given me a head start on lots of tasks. Some I didn't even know I needed to get done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That is a classic worn out Pressure plate. Desmo Times Repair Manual
would be a good thing to buy it is one of the best resources for Ducati
maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts