Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone know if there are any significant changes in the fairings/bodywork in the 03, 04, 05, 06 749 superbikes?

Also, can anybody tell me if there's a way to rig a monoposto tail plastic onto a biposto section?

Thanks guys.

And yes, i finally got around to wrecking my bike on the track.

Happens.

·
Registered
857 Posts
There are $-load of threads on this already. I am getting bored at work, so I will re-iterate :D

1. Nose fairing and the stay changed. 05,06 ears are wider. However, you can fit the 03 nose on 05, although it wont be perfect, and vice versa.

2. Side fairings design changed, but the fitments didn't. so 05,06 and 03, 04 fairings can be interchanged.

3. You can put a mono tail on Bi-Po, but a little bit of the frame is exposed. If you don't care about aesthetics, you can fit a mono tail on Bi-Po. If you want a cleaner and lighter look, you should get a mono subframe (~$350).

4. Yeah, I wrecked too, she was wearing her track clothes though.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The 2003-04 side fairings are different than the 2005-06, they both use different "wings" and look slightly different. I got both styles in my garage.

You can bolt them on any nose, but will have to run the fairing-wings for that style of side fairing.

I've bolted early sides on a 2006 nose, fits perfect.

Cheers,
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts