·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you be over stating the awesomeness of this tail light just a bit?
Maybe a bit, but I have always disliked the factory tail light and the fact that it is not easy to do an LED conversion and make it a bit more compact. It is just a really well made piece that subtly changes a detail on the bike. It makes a big deal for me I guess. Details details.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just be cautious, integrated signals aren't legal in all states.
Did not know that. Well, cops don't like sport bikes as it is. But, the day I find a cop that actually knows the specific laws like that in Houston is the day I stop riding. None the less, thank you for the heads up. :)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Bitch'in exhaust dude.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For what it's worth...I despise most LED tail light setups; but I like that one! Clean, compact, and looks to be easy to install.

That's CHEAP for an LED setup though...is it well made?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'm sorry, that's only a light the one I linked, not integrated signals

·
Ducati Designs
1,123 Posts
FWIW, this is governed by federal, not state regulation. FMVSS108 states:

At or near the rear--1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline to centerline of lamps) of 9 inches. Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and tail or stop lamp is 4-inches, when a single stop and taillamp is installed on the vertical centerline and the turn signal lamps are red.

pg
DD

Just be cautious, integrated signals aren't legal in all states.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For what it's worth...I despise most LED tail light setups; but I like that one! Clean, compact, and looks to be easy to install.

That's CHEAP for an LED setup though...is it well made?
They are integrated. It is very well made. I also am very surprised at the price. I called the company that imports them from the UK and they said they are high quality, so I trusted them. And they are right, everything is well finished.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FWIW, this is governed by federal, not state regulation. FMVSS108 states:

At or near the rear--1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline to centerline of lamps) of 9 inches. Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and tail or stop lamp is 4-inches, when a single stop and taillamp is installed on the vertical centerline and the turn signal lamps are red.

pg
DD
I guess I am going to get tickets then.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
You have red and yellow LEDs under the clean lense...so I think you can get by the color issue. I have a Jeep Rubicon, in CT the side markers are suppose to be yellow. I have a clear/white lense upgrade, but the bulks shine yellow and my local PD said that was OK.

The only rule I see bent on the light you have is the 9" inch min length rule. The light looks great so I hope you can keep it & be ticket free.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It looks very neat and factory fit and finish by the photos. What is it like during the day these things are usually best at night and barely visible during the day.

Cheers

Omega

1 - 20 of 23 Posts