1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
749 999 Exhaust system and engine questions

Hey duc people!
I have a 749 and I would like to know if the 60mm system exist for my machine
I like the "chest thumping" effect and that's really what I'm looking I'm willing to stick a 999 power plant in if I have to, I'm not really a performance guy I'm not necessarily looking for more speed or power either because a 749 is enough for these New York streets, I just wanna have a super cool unique. any advice? post pictures too :D

update:
can I fit the 999 crank, rod, cylinder and pistons on my 749 (cheap way of getting a 999)

·
Registered
237 Posts
mivv, not 60mm but best and cheapest "sound" to be had on the market right now, imo.
+1

I have the Mivv system on mine. Crappy sound clip in my sig below
Sounds deep and loud

Getting a big bore kit installed as we speak and may deepen it up a little bit. It will be a 924cc 749s when complete

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Ever hear a Termignoni slip on ? They sound much deeper than a full system. I had a 54mm full on my 999, changed the swinger so I had to install a slip back on. I found that the bike sounded loads better and the midrange came back-overall it ran tons better.
Ended up installing a BCM 1038cc overbore kit, S-cams, porting, light weight flywheel/cam belt pulleys-kept the slip on. Eventually went back to a Termi 54mm full....now it sounds the way it should...the new quick revving deep sound was worth the expense of the kit.....I guess.:)
There are a 2 different kits for your 749 if you wish to go that route:
A 924cc and an 848cc (Homologated for AMA racing). Definetly cheaper to install a 2005+ 999 deep sump and slip on....choices are endless...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll second the Termi slip-on route. I just purchased one from a forum member and it sounds much deeper than the full systems I've heard. Some will disagree with me, but I think the Termi systems look perfect on the XX9 series bikes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'll second the Termi slip-on route. I just purchased one from a forum member and it sounds much deeper than the full systems I've heard. Some will disagree with me, but I think the Termi systems look perfect on the XX9 series bikes.
I cut up my half system (termi) thinking it was stock . . .

Side notes:

I'm still kind of in limbo for that project.

I'm going to make a totally custom GP style exhaust at a later date. Fully integrated into a custom carbon fiber tail, like the desmo. Belisimo!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I did my research n :I found out buying a 999 motor is cheaper I like the deep sound of that system
Pretty funny...never thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right given the rarity of full systems for the black swingarm/shallow sump combo :think:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts