Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I have been working on a bike project for some time now and am needing some help to make decisions on dashboard and ECU.

The bike already has a 1000DS engine and several parts that make it unique (custom frame, exhaust and fairing) but I am thinking about pushing things a bit more on the electronic section.

I already have a 749/999 dashboard at hand and wondered if it is possible to make it work with the 1000DS engine.
I know there will be many issues to solve but I thought it might be possible because both the 999 and the 1000 SS use the same IAW 59M ECU.

I will appreciate your comments

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went into the diagrams of the 999 and 3 other bikes with the DS1000 engine (1000SS, S2R1000 and Sportclassic) and realized that this journey was on the wrong track.

There is no way to make this dashboard work along with a 1000DS ECU. There are some ECU pins on the 999 that go to the dashboard that must be multiplexed or have serial communication to handle several outputs.

I know Digital Directiv found a way to make a 1098 dashboard (similar in that way to a 999) work on a Sportclassic (Bella) but I assume that he used a 1098 ECU with a 1000DS map (hats off to him).

Time for plan B:
Since the coolest part of the 999 dashboard is the central tacho IMHO, I will get a race tacho from Scitsu.
To complete the setting I plan to get a digital speedometer with the same size of the 999 speedometer display, equipped with indicator lights.

If someone is interested, let me know and I will continue to report here. Otherwise I will abandon this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts