Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the search function here and Hall of wisdom. No luck.
Soooo, I anyone please direct me in the right direction.
Where do I drain the coolant from? Where's the coolant drain plug?:eek:

As far air filter goes. I tried removing the air runners. Started on right side.
got all 3 allen bolts fine but won't budge.:confused:

I read Shazaam's post regarding adjusting the master but does not show pics for the 999. Someone replied and said he was able to do it. I would PM him but it looks like he's been inactive for a while. Can anyone show me where to adjust that?

Any help appreciated and pics of to locate would be awesome.

Thanks in advance folks.:)

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Tried the search function here and Hall of wisdom. No luck.
Soooo, I anyone please direct me in the right direction.
Where do I drain the coolant from? Where's the coolant drain plug?:eek:
The water pump cover on the left side of the engine. There is a 4mm bolt with a copper washer that looks different from the rest... that is the coolant drain plug. Be sure to remove the radiator cap or the coolant will barely trickle out.

As far air filter goes. I tried removing the air runners. Started on right side.
got all 3 allen bolts fine but won't budge.:confused:
Look for another bolt by the mount for the nose faring; also the triangular air deflectors (technical term ;)) are located in place by the rubber dorks (another technical term) on the radiator... Lift up and they'll pop out.

I read Shazaam's post regarding adjusting the master but does not show pics for the 999. Someone replied and said he was able to do it. I would PM him but it looks like he's been inactive for a while. Can anyone show me where to adjust that?

Any help appreciated and pics of to locate would be awesome.

Thanks in advance folks.:)
1.5mm allen set screw on the lever at the push rod pivot... make sure it's loose, then 6mm wrench to adjust the push rod

Sorry, no pics at the moment :eek:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Sorry the search did not work for you, at least you tired. I know I have posted the URL for youtube video that show some service details (like oil change and air cleaner replacement/cleaning).

So, go to youtube and look at Ducati 999-x\12 where x = 1 thru 12. I think ducati 999-2\12 is the aircleaner video

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a Bunch folks.

Bella--thanks for the hook.
Dmc-- videos help with the visual.
Chuck-- well, at least your avatar always makes me grin.
ZDM- It's exactly what you PM'd that I was having problems with.

Thanks to evryone one that posted. I said it before & I'll say it again.
No other Duc forums offers as extensive knowledge about these bikes than this one. I owe everyone a beer when you guys drift around my neck of the woods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts