Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just bought a 2004 749 Mono with stock exhaust....it sounds so disappointing......nothing like my beast of a 748 Biposto with it's Leo Vince's :(

I have spoken with a few dealers and no one seems to be able to get me a Remus, Termi or Leo Vince for my year bike as they are all discontinued. Can anyone give me some advice on how I can get the bike to sound like a Ducati please????

Steve

·
Registered
388 Posts
besides keeping an eye out for a used set? they come up every so often.

if new, i saw a couple come up in the classifieds within this year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd opt for a Zard system, I had a 749 with the system and all I can say was that was the best looking, best sounding exhaust, should have kept the bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just looked that up & found a Zard system for around £1800....oh well, looks like I'm not paying the bills for a few months!!!

Will I need to get the bike retuned, get a new ECU etc?

·
Registered
141 Posts
One thing you may have to do though is replace your rear lighting system, mine were always blowing out because of the Zard, ferocious !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went for it. Bought a full Zard system with Carbon Fibre single seat unit shield.....got the dealer down to £1500.00 all in incl. delivery.

Guy I spoke to (Ian at www.speedycom.co.uk) is a complete Ducati nut & really knows his stuff. Highly recommended.

Thanks for all your advice guys......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts