Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I know this is going to sound Horrible.. so please don't hunt me down and set me a blaze.. I just got my Duc back after being without it for a year and some months. It has only been ridden 5 miles since I lost possession of it. It currently has 11,521 miles. I got the 6k mile service done at around 5800 miles . since then I have had the oil changed twice, and I am going to change it again before I ride it again, as right now I am awaiting a new clutch pack. My question is this.. well a couple of them. Is it safe to venture past that 12k mile mark until I can get all my parts in order to do the service, i.e.: belts, shim kit. etc... , 2: what all is needed to do the valve adjustment. I know I have read about certain tools you can get from "desmotimes" and what not, my question is more as can you use other tools, or only those "special tools"? I am sorry if this is repeating other's posts, I just couldn't find anything that answered my first question. I don't mean to "neglect" the Duc , it is my only transportation and I have to make sure I have the couple of free days in order to break down the bike to take care of the service.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts