Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:think: Newbie here with a very strange question. I just purchased my first Duc and am wondering if they sold me the right one. I supposedly bought a 2000 748 mono, but taking a closer look at it I do believe it might be an S. It has the 5 spoke wheels, showas front and rear, and an adjustable headstock angle. Now reading in my Haynes manual, the 2000 748 did not come with the wheels and did not come with the adjustable headstock, but there is no S designation anywhere on the bike! Can anyone help me to clarify gender? I am hoping that I got a steel of a buy, but am not too sure.
Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2000, but I have a 1999 and that particular year there was only one model 748 and it had all of the bells & whistles (adjustable head stock, steel braided lines, etc.), also, it does state 748S on the Ducati Serial Number sticker-thingie... so you never can be sure with Ducati...

·
Registered
791 Posts
i have a 2000 748s. came with with grey 5 spokes, adjustable head, showa tin-coated (gold) forks, showa shock, upgraded brake package, mono/or bi seat with "748S" decals, and grey frame.

the grey frame with adjustable head is a good indication but post a pic if you can...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the thing. I think that there are new plastics on the bike so it does not have an "S" on the tail, but if you say that the 2000 with adjustable head is an "S" then I am a happy camper!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts