Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've been a longtime Duc fan, as I've grown up in a house full of them (a 750 GT, Pass, 900 SS and a few others).
Long story short, I've been assigned the duty of the next owner's feature in the coming issue of Super Streetbike Magazine. This month (we work several months ahead) we'll be highlighting the 748 (all years) and wanted to hear about your ownership experience.
If any of you are interested in getting you and your 748 into the magazine, please send me a few high-res pics in addition to filling out the template below.

Thanks for the help, if you guys have any questions please drop me a line! I look forward to talking with you guys and hopefully seeing a few of you in print.

-Justin

Please e-mail pics and text to: [email protected]

Name:
Miles Ridden:
Mods:
Best Upgrade (Why):
Favorite Aspect of The Bike:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Cool. I don't have a 748 but you might wanna add a bit more to help yourself weed through it and help others decide. Like, clean/stock, modded, that sort of thing...Are you looking for super custom or off the showroom floor, or anything goes?

·
9,757 Posts
Hey all, I've been a longtime Duc fan, as I've grown up in a house full of them (a 750 GT, Pass, 900 SS and a few others).
Long story short, I've been assigned the duty of the next owner's feature in the coming issue of Super Streetbike Magazine. This month (we work several months ahead) we'll be highlighting the 748 (all years) and wanted to hear about your ownership experience.
If any of you are interested in getting you and your 748 into the magazine, please send me a few high-res pics in addition to filling out the template below.

Thanks for the help, if you guys have any questions please drop me a line! I look forward to talking with you guys and hopefully seeing a few of you in print.

-Justin

Please e-mail pics and text to: [email protected]

Name:
Miles Ridden:
Mods:
Best Upgrade (Why):
Favorite Aspect of The Bike:
When is the submission deadline? I've got a pretty trick little 748s, but I'd have to call my buddy over to take some decent shots of it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I don't have a 748 but you might wanna add a bit more to help yourself weed through it and help others decide. Like, clean/stock, modded, that sort of thing...Are you looking for super custom or off the showroom floor, or anything goes?
All are welcome: Clean, stock, modded, racebike and wrecked. We want to hear as many ownership experiences as possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When is the submission deadline? I've got a pretty trick little 748s, but I'd have to call my buddy over to take some decent shots of it.
In the next week or so, possibly two weeks–so you've got a lil time!

Thanks all

·
Registered
956 Posts
That gives you time to get to TO Matt and I can shoot for you...what are you waiting for? (Other than the stupid nut I keep forgetting about...so sorry about that)...truth is I tried a little while ago and couldn't budge it so I got frustrated...need to buy a torch or something...I should just send you the whole section! Easier for me!

I bet a few cam pics would suffice for 'entry' purposes, to be serious...

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Name: Adam Miller

Model Year: 1998

Miles Ridden: 22,500

Mods: Carbon fiber; front fender, rear hugger, airbox, intake runners, vented half clutch cover, heel guards.
Velocity stack mounted air filters, Titanium Arrow exhaust cans, FBF chip, Dynojet Power Commander PC III USB with custom map, TPO Dragon plug wires, Denso iridium spark plugs, magnesium 5 spoke gold Marchesini wheels, Corbin seat, Heli bars, aluminum carrier "snowflake" front brake rotors, TPO full floating front rotor buttons, billet rear brake caliper mount, Renthal/AFAM quick change rear sprocket carrier and 40T rear sprocket, gold 520 RK XSO X-ring chain, Ohlins rear shock (resprung), Brembo radial clutch and brake master cylinders w/ top triple drilled and tapped for reservoirs, upgraded STM billet clutch slave cylinder, Paulimoto billlet clutch pressure plate and retainers, Barnett clutch plates and springs, braided stainless brake and clutch lines, integrated LED rear turn signals/brake/tail lights with smoke lens, custom LED turn signals mounted in mirrors, rear fender/plate/signal mount eliminated, license plate trimmed and mounted above exhaust, light smoke FBF windscreen, 996 fairings, SPS tail and front fairing with white number plates, currently running Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa tires (180 rear), monoposto and biposto tails, Woodcraft rearsets, Brembo 4 pad calipers (from 748R/998R), Ohlins forks resprung and with superbike upgraded internals, full suspension set up by Superbike Italia in Romeoville, Illinois.

Best Upgrade (Why): Brembo 4 pad (998R) calipers. Amazing improvement for the $$.

Favorite Aspect of The Bike: Bike is 11+ years old (and a 14+ year old design) but still looks fresh and handles like the best of today. I did my first trackday at Road America on Monday--sure, new 600's pulled me in the straights, but I could beat them in each corner and walk away from them in the Carousel. Very satisfying to ride.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Adam, he's going to need a 300dpi image if you're going to get into the mag...yours is only 180

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Name: Adam Miller

Model Year: 1998

Miles Ridden: 22,500

Mods: Carbon fiber; front fender, rear hugger, airbox, intake runners, vented half clutch cover, heel guards.
Velocity stack mounted air filters, Titanium Arrow exhaust cans, FBF chip, Dynojet Power Commander PC III USB with custom map, TPO Dragon plug wires, Denso iridium spark plugs, magnesium 5 spoke gold Marchesini wheels, Corbin seat, Heli bars, aluminum carrier "snowflake" front brake rotors, TPO full floating front rotor buttons, billet rear brake caliper mount, Renthal/AFAM quick change rear sprocket carrier and 40T rear sprocket, gold 520 RK XSO X-ring chain, Ohlins rear shock (resprung), Brembo radial clutch and brake master cylinders w/ top triple drilled and tapped for reservoirs, upgraded STM billet clutch slave cylinder, Paulimoto billlet clutch pressure plate and retainers, Barnett clutch plates and springs, braided stainless brake and clutch lines, integrated LED rear turn signals/brake/tail lights with smoke lens, custom LED turn signals mounted in mirrors, rear fender/plate/signal mount eliminated, license plate trimmed and mounted above exhaust, light smoke FBF windscreen, 996 fairings, SPS tail and front fairing with white number plates, currently running Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa tires (180 rear), monoposto and biposto tails, Woodcraft rearsets, Brembo 4 pad calipers (from 748R/998R), Ohlins forks resprung and with superbike upgraded internals, full suspension set up by Superbike Italia in Romeoville, Illinois.

Best Upgrade (Why): Brembo 4 pad (998R) calipers. Amazing improvement for the $$.

Favorite Aspect of The Bike: Bike is 11+ years old (and a 14+ year old design) but still looks fresh and handles like the best of today. I did my first trackday at Road America on Monday--sure, new 600's pulled me in the straights, but I could beat them in each corner and walk away from them in the Carousel. Very satisfying to ride.

Adam-

Thanks for the submission, can you please forward the above info to my e-mail? [email protected]

-Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Hmm...I'm going to put my new rearsets on tonight and email some pics. I'll get some tomorrow outside.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I'll have to wait till tomorrow night when my buddy brings me a Photoshop cd since my computer crashed and I can't find my original cd. So I've no way to compress the files. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts