Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm slowly going over the 01 996 I purchased earlier in the month. It has a 3 piece airbox installed, however the breather on the crankcases just has a K&N filter stuffed on the end. After doing some maintenance/cleaning, I am noticing a very fine oily mist on the throttle bodies. Does anyone know of a source for the 748RS carbon breather box that mounts in the rear? It is a street/track bike so would like to keep the ECU in the stock mono position. Any help/insight/leads would be much appreciated.

Jared

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm slowly going over the 01 996 I purchased earlier in the month. It has a 3 piece airbox installed, however the breather on the crankcases just has a K&N filter stuffed on the end. After doing some maintenance/cleaning, I am noticing a very fine oily mist on the throttle bodies. Does anyone know of a source for the 748RS carbon breather box that mounts in the rear? It is a street/track bike so would like to keep the ECU in the stock mono position. Any help/insight/leads would be much appreciated.

Jared
Not sure what the question is. If you dont have any recirculation of air going back in the box from the cases its not from the oil mist in the crankcase, sort of impossible :)
Normally the box will have residues of fuel bouncing out of the throttlebodies becoming somewhat sticky over time, that is completely normal.
May be from filter oil too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what the question is. If you dont have any recirculation of air going back in the box from the cases its not from the oil mist in the crankcase, sort of impossible :)
Normally the box will have residues of fuel bouncing out of the throttlebodies becoming somewhat sticky over time, that is completely normal.
May be from filter oil too.
Sorry for the confusion. The crank case has a hose which goes up INTO the airbox with a K&N on the end. Should have been more specific and not in a rush. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts