Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I own a 2000 748R here in New Zealand and bringing it back to former glory - for the previous owner it was 'just another bike' & used to commute to work amongst other things..

It has a Biposto rear subframe currently fitted (by previous owner, as he wanted to take his wife for rides as passenger!) and I have sourced an original Monoposto alloy subframe but unsure if will fit so hoping you will help before I purchase (as not cheap).

Bike has been verified by Ducati in Italy as a genuine 'R' via engine/frame number, and has all other factory correct parts so no dramas in that regard.

Aware that possibly the 'R' ECU's are mounted sitting across the frame via the 4 x bolt fixing points & are not mounted front-rear as set up currently?
Hopefully the wiring loom is still as per original so will be long enough to return to position (you guys may tell in photo).

Thanks for all your help in advance,
Nick

Current rear subframe & ECU set up:

Monoposto subframe for sale:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
With the mono you will turn the ECU 90 degrees from how it is in the biposto. The harness/ECU connection facing the gas tank.

·
Registered
'99 996s
82 Posts
I'm converting my 996s back to mono and happened to walk into Freedom Cycle where Kyle was working on a 748r and had the tail off. I took a few pics to remind myself of the wire harness routing.
IMG_8882.JPG
IMG_8884.JPG
IMG_8885.JPG
IMG_8886.JPG
IMG_8889.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts