Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on windscreens for a 748. I had the Sr stock replacement and recently went to a Double Bubble. Wind blast seems more noticeable now. I'm 6' 1" with short legs, long body. Any have experience with the taller "touring screen" available or should I go back to the SR? Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have a fabbri racing screen on my 748, which is a tall windscreen and, based on my experience with it, i think the taller screens actually increase windblast for street riding. On the track they are great because you tend to stay tucked in a little more and the tall screens really help keep you out of the wind, but on the street when I'm sitting up like normal (and i'm pretty much the same dimentions/ proportions as you) it directs the wind at my face as opposed to the smaller screens which seem to direct it at the chest.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
I have the FBF tall windscreen, but the same basic one is also made by others. I like it. At 6'3" 230, I need all the comfort I can get. (Helibars too)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thik hat's the same as the Sport touring by Zero gravity. Not the same but similar. I think I may be right in the middle - the FBF tall and the Zero Touring put the blast high, the SR puts it low on your chest. I think the Double bubble puts it right in the middle, on my face. I may try the FBF. As for the Helibars, I thought about that but I adjusted to the position pretty well. It's a little low for traffic but not bad otherwise. I read there were some issues with clearance and cable lengths when retro fitting so I passed on it.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
I never liked the looks of double bubbles--especially on the 748/916/996's.
Another thing I like about my FBF tall is its very subtle smoke tint.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pictures and the screens look great. Thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts