Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 748 fixed but man is it a workout to ride. Literally 20 minutes in I was done.

I read a bunch of stuff about using your legs to grab the tank.. placing your chest on the tank?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Ha! It's the other way around. You have to spend some time in the gym to be able to stay on the torture rack.

Even when I am not tired I put my left arm over the tank to prop myself up. That's all I can offer, but the bike suits me well and I exercise. Even still, on long 5+ hour rides I sometimes get the behind the thigh death cramp.

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
My trick is to go fast, 70 mph or more seems to be the sweet spot where the wind gets under your chest and takes some load of your hands. Around town I just ride my KTM.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,905 Posts
Get a set of Cycle Cats 2" rise clipons.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I finally got my 748 fixed but man is it a workout to ride. Literally 20 minutes in I was done.
I don't know what you are doing, but it must be something wrong unless you're talking about 20 minutes around a racetrack at a world superbike pace. Maybe tensing up? If you aren't used to the bike, it will probably seem easier to ride after you put more miles on it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You aren't supposed to be pushing it.
Hahaha, hilarious. I get a little tired on my bike after a few hours too. Try not to tense up. Take deep, calming breaths, sometimes that helps put your weight where it needs to be to be comfortable.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah, defintely make a conscious effort to get more weight on the pegs (you'll probably be surprised at how before your feet were just basically resting on the pegs with all the weight on your arse), yes definitely also make an effort to grip tank with your knees, and you probably find you're a bit tense which really tires your back. arms and hands. nothing to fix that but some more riding time and feeling more relaxed/confident.

some bar risers might help, but it's really a technique thing. trust me, weight on pegs, knees gripping tank and you'll feel miles better already.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm 45 years old. I'm 6 feet tall. I weigh 243 pounds and most of my weight is in my belly and ass. I have the cycle cat risers. My suggestion:

2 tablets of Aleve and two full glasses of water BEFORE you go out for a ride. You should be good for several hours.

No 1 way to get my 748 to go faster? - Me to exercise and lighten my fat ass mass....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Where does it ache? If you're riding with your elbows locked, thats BAD! It's transmitting shocks through your joints and you won't be able to turn quickly. Fold your elbows and use your midsection to hold most of the weight. It's still gonna be tiring after a while, unfortunately...

Also, make sure your wrists are not bent at the handlebars, you should be able to draw line from the handlebars through your forearm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts