Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired my first Ducati, track bike 748 with Ferracci 855 kit. I‘ve been been told it should have the crankcase breather modified for the added displacement, and the one on there now looks like the one pictured in the repair manual that came with the bike
My question (1) does it need a different breather? (2) if it does, where do I get one and does it just fit where the existing one fits with no modification?
Thanks
I’m sure this is the first of many mysteries one needs to solve whoever a new bike arrives in the garage
Cheers
Barry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Post a picture.

Modified crank breathers don't add anything other that an opportunity to talk about them. The OEM breather is ok for just about every desmoquattro model and setup made.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Namor's correct.
To be fair, track bikes tend to live at higher rpm for longer durations than streetbikes — so if the engine has a small amount of blow-by, some excess oil can end up in the airbox. So check your airbox after a couple of sessions to put your mind at ease. Seeing a slight oil residue in the airbox from the stock crankcase ventilation system is normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that info. I’m just going to leave it as is.
Lots of interesting stuff on that site, thanks for the link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts