Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally striped the bike down to hunt down a fuel leak. All lines to the tank appeared dry, but this fitting to the vertical cylinder TB appeared to be wet.

Is there a special tool needed to remove this? O-Ring failure common?

I appreciate any advice/experience you guys have for these, thank you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never seen an o-ring leak there. seen a few cracked by people.
Yeah I've been scouring the forums and Gotham for a replacement.

I literally can't find any other source of a leak. The tank banjo fittings were dry, as well as the underside of the tank itself.

This is the only area that appeared wet...and it only leaks after being ridden.

I could see it was leaking onto the fuel pump below....then puddling down the side case of the engine.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
if you pull them apart you could probably source an o-ring. i think i found a part number for the elbow somewhere years ago in one of the sbk catalogues, possibly find an o-ring with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you pull them apart you could probably source an o-ring. i think i found a part number for the elbow somewhere years ago in one of the sbk catalogues, possibly find an o-ring with it.
Is there a specific way they need to be pulled on to get out ? It doesn't seem to want to budge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it pulled out. O-Ring looks fine. Is there supposed to be a 2nd O-Ring? I believe the roll pin occupies the chamfered part of this fitting below.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts