Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
planning on replacing belts on my 748 and am looking into replacing the two locknuts for the tensioner pulleys. Are there any aftermaket nuts that can be used for the job that replace the M8 Fuji's that are available at most hard wear stores?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I've reused mine close to a hundred times. Different bikes and engines. Replace the wavy washers behind them and you will be fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've reused mine close to a hundred times. Different bikes and engines. Replace the wavy washers behind them and you will be fine.
Thanks for the tip! I was looking them over but the heads are a bit worse for wear from whoever installed them last. Do I risk destroying the tensioner/ engine by using a similar self locking nut from a local hardware store?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
If the threads are fine and the nut isn't stripped, then I wouldn't worry about it. Otherwise I would need a picture to offer a final opinion.

If you want to be on the safe side, and the original nuts look fine, put a very small drop of blue lock tight in the not or the pulley mount and you will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts