Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my buddy wrecked his 99 748,and he asked me if i wanted any thing off it,and if its possible i would like to put his tial on my 2000 st2,he is giving me the tial,seat,brake lite(smoked with integrated turn signals) and so on,i dont want to cut my sub frame or any thing,i guess what im asking is,can it be done or how differnt are the sub frames,its the solo tail in red with the white(st2 is red) and a side note, i plan on makeing my st2 naked,my buddy told me he would sell me the ss swingarm,back wheel,front wheel,brakes and full arrow exhaust and any thaing else the gos with it for 1500 bucks,(forks are junk)but i have the cash to buy this,but i want to make sure the swing arm will work,and will the front wheel work with my st2 forks,i know the exhaust wont work,but i have a bender so i will make it work and so that way i can have a uder tail exhaust, but sorry for book,buy any info would be great

·
Registered
78 Posts
The 748 swingarm requires machine the cases I believe to make it fit, thats why we are all using the s2r/s4r sss. The wheels have to be the 6 bolt pattern. Yes the tail piece can work of you get it in the right place because that is exactly what I am doing, i Am relocating the shock reservoir to the inside. I very slight bit of the subframe will be visibly if you get it positioned right thus leaving the tabs for the hard bags to mount exposed. If you wanna wait a few weeks you can follow my progress and see what walls i hit. I may also use an MV augusta tail piece because it fits over the stock seat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Heres an idea, this motor is close to ours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool,well does the s2r/s4r sss bolt right on with out mods

·
Registered
78 Posts
yep smooth as butter, uses the same ride height adjuster and i think even the brake carrier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts