Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
well after a good season, time to fit the R set of barrels n pistons i bought a few yrs ago, havent talked to anyone that has swapped out std pistons for R so i need to squish test but i dont have the measurement anyone got it?. Ive had to machine the wrist pin bosses on the pistons as i found out std rods are wider thar R rods so no worries there.
cheers Kev

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
get hold of Chris at CJS Racing in the UK. He might part with that information if you ask nicely. Did you speak to V2 closer at home in Perth?

SF

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi all
well after a good season, time to fit the R set of barrels n pistons i bought a few yrs ago, havent talked to anyone that has swapped out std pistons for R so i need to squish test but i dont have the measurement anyone got it?. Ive had to machine the wrist pin bosses on the pistons as i found out std rods are wider thar R rods so no worries there.
cheers Kev
The 748R pistons dont fit the 748bp sp or sps combustion chamber. The piston will smack the head before tdc . The side squish has to be machined in the head . Once done you need to run surface discharge plugs too. This mod wont bring a higher compression ratio either :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts