Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that a 749 side stand is longer than a 748 side stand, and the 749 side stand will bolt directly onto the 748, as well as the electrical plug for the side stand switch.

Questions:

Is the 749 side stand a direct replacement for the shorter 748 stand?

Is the angle of the foot the same?

If in fact the 749 stand is longer, and it fits the 748, is it worth the expense?

How much extra length would I gain ? .....<with the longer stand :) >

I'm also considering a billet stand off the internet, but I would rather stick with the original look of a Ducati side stand.

Thanks for your help !

nummy

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't comment on the 749 stand for length but if it's like the 999 it's a completely different style than the 748 stand.

I replaced my 998 stand with a stand off of a 1098. It is longer than the 998 stand and bolts right up. The foot is also larger than the 998 stand. I had raised my rear ride height and I wasn't comfortable with the increased lean of the bike on the 998 stand. I'm much more comfortable with the bike's lean on the 1098 stand. I got my 1098 stand off of Gotham.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
848, Streetfighter, 1098 stand will bolt on directly and be about 1 inch longer. However if you don't raise the rear height be prepared to spend all your time searching to level ground to park on. The slightest slope and you can't even put the stand down. I'm getting seriously pissed off at mine, I will probably go back to a stock length as I don't want to change the ride height.

·
grand poobah
714 Posts
I would agree with east on this one. the 848 stand is on my 748 now. I run the old track set up for rear ride height (excentric almost straight down) and the original 748 stand was way to short. I was always worried it would fall to the stand side. The 848 stand works perfectly. I just replaced the leg and did not use the 848 mounting bracket. Best Wishes Brad.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I can't comment on the 749 stand for length but if it's like the 999 it's a completely different style than the 748 stand.

I replaced my 998 stand with a stand off of a 1098. It is longer than the 998 stand and bolts right up. The foot is also larger than the 998 stand. I had raised my rear ride height and I wasn't comfortable with the increased lean of the bike on the 998 stand. I'm much more comfortable with the bike's lean on the 1098 stand. I got my 1098 stand off of Gotham.
Exact my story, very happy with the 1098 stand and a raised rear on my 998S.

·
Registered
39 Posts
does anyone know if a 1098 kick stand mount bracket will fit a 996? I know the original part number is 556.2.025.1A on the 996

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just want to info anyone who is looking for a kickstand. The 1098 kickstand mount will fit on a 996.

After I welded the bracket a few years ago, it broke again. So I finally decided to give a try with the 1098 kickstand.

BTW my DUc no longer have that lean, it's more upright

·
Registered
656 Posts
Please note: The Streetfighter stand is in fact SHORTER than a 748 - 998 stand. If you buy one to fix your leans-to-far-over 748 - 998, you will have to get someone to weld in an inch-and-a-half section to make it do the job, whilst they take the piss at the same time. Don't ask how I know this.
1098/1198 Superbike is longer and is a straight plug & play.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
an 848 stand is longer and a diect fit, did it to my 998 doesnt lean sofar now

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Just went through this by adding a 1098 side stand to my 916 which leaned more than I like with the suspension set as it is. I went overboard a bit and took some pics to show the difference. I started with a whole 1089 stand, including the mount. The mount bolts right on and clears the fairing, but I found the 1098 mount angles the the stand out more than the 916 part. Pretty much killed any benefit of the longer stand. Using the 1098 stand with the 916 mount did the trick.

In the pics you can get a sense of the improvement by looking at how my vertical line cuts through the rear sprocket. Not dramatic, but just about right. I used to park the bike in the garage with a piece of wood under the stand. This set up puts the bike about the same position without the wood. Perfect.

Original

1098 stand and 916 mount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts