Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

748 refresh

842 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Jorgy 
#1 ·
Have been lurking in this forum getting info for a little while now and thought I would share my project. I have always had bikes but in the last 8ish years I have wanted to get my hands dirty. So with that in mind this is the third bike I have purchased in that time that has needed a lot of work.
Here are the last two finished.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle racer Motorcycle fairing

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Here is the 748 I purchased.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
p

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
As far as the motor goes if it's a good runner it will stay as is. If not I'll consider a 853 kit or stepping up to a bigger capacity replacement motor.
It started and ran well when purchased and a couple of laps around the block once home didn't indicate any problems.

#7 ·
So my decision to buy the bike was based on it being a runner and most issues being cosmetic. This was ok as I wanted to have a go at panel repair and paint. It certainly helped with the purchase price also.
The side panels and headlight surround are carbon / Kevlar and looks like it has had a lowish speed slide on the left side and a good gouge from the brake lever on the right.
Here is the right side.
Tire Wheel Auto part Alloy wheel Automotive tire

#10 ·
What year is your 748? Are you planning to go with original type badging? The old style Ducati lettering in the 916 example you posted looks much better for the 748 than the later style I think.

You say you are settled on red which makes sense. I think orange looks great as well, some pics of a beauty orange 748 in the track day pictures thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.