Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since i got the compression and it showed 8 BAR (although while running it might have been better) but still i felt the bile lacking some power and backfiring sometimes.

I never serviced it for the valves since i got it and i said maybe it;s time.

So, after i took i apart i found all valve are in spec and the only problem were 2 clogged intake. I cleaned all anyway and then i measured the piston rings.

I only measured the first one as by the book should have been 0.15 mm and i got 0.45mm ... christ.. and 0,40mm for the horizontal one.

i didn t even bothered to measure the others because i knew i cannot fine by piece to buy and only set.

so, do you have any idea where to find some DECENT prices for ring sets? i fount something but they are just.. crazy..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK, I'm IDIOT

I read the manual upside down i think..

limits are

1st ring : 0.2-0.4mm - wear limit 0.8mm
2nd ring: 0.2-0.4mm- wear limit 0.8mm
3rd ring: 0.3-0.6mm- wear limit 1.0mm

still 8 BAR compression seems a lot o lose.. hmm.. where from??

I look in spec with all things.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I'd say you probably should lap in your valves. You'll lose some compression and power due to leaky valve seats. I lapped in my 916 heads at 25K and it felt MUCH stronger afterwards. I had a lot of visible blow by around the intake valves so it was obvious it was overdue (the intakes were crusted with black crackly soot, since the lapping they have stayed spotless).

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
they're a ***** ring, so std is the only option.

8 bar is 120psi-ish? did you have the throttle open when you did the comp test?

leakdown test tells you where the leak is, altho you need it assembled to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts