Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Thinking of buying a 748 but I've read allot about problems with the bike like rockers and the bike stalling and so on.
Should I go for a 749 instead of the 748? :confused:
I know the design is very different from the 748, but the more I look at the 749 the cooler it looks. :D
Is the 749 more reliable then the 748?
The prizes on the 748 are pretty high here in Sweden and I do not want to spend a lot of money on repairs directly after the bike is bought.

Happy for all the input I can get from you guys. A little of a newbie on bikes and the flaws to look out for. But one thing do I know. It’s a duc I want to ride. :cool:

BR
Andreas

·
Registered
227 Posts
The 749 has the superior engine of the two by far. On the down side the electrics can more expensive to fix should they break on the 749.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Having owned both and raced both, I can say without a doubt, the 749 is a far superior machine mechanically. I still prefer the feeling of the 748 and both bikes handle the same out of the box. If you want a more reliable bike the 749 is the way to roll. Also, the 749 is a better machine to modify, especially the 749S/749R models, which have enough power to be pretty fun bikes. The base 749 or 749D, they're pretty stripped. Spend the money to get at least a 749S, you won't regret it! Also, another tip is to get the box style swing arm, found on all the 749R's, but I believe only 05/06 749's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts