Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Haven't had my morning coffee yet... make that, no Brake Lights.

New to this forum - thought I'd check with those knowledgeable. I just brought my 2000 748 back into service after hibernation in the garage over winter. Everything was working/running perfectly when I put her to sleep last fall, but now, no brake lights. Brand new battery, no less. Nothing from rear brake pedal - nothing from front brake lever. Headlights, taillights, and turn signals are fine. Just no brake lights.

Can someone offer any help? Or I'll have to resort to riding my old faithful Yamaha.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm assuming you've checked the fuses and connections?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure how similar it is, but I had the same problem on my former Monster a while back. Apparently the small 'sending unit' that is actually in the handlebar lever failed. I want to say it was like $20 and they went ahead and put it on at the dealer in just a couple minutes.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If all the fuses are good, I'd say it's definantly a connection issue or grounding. Check all the wiring and connections from the brake lights to the lever. It's gonna be something simple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem solved. Lesson learned: If a fuse appears to be perfectly good, don't believe your eyes. :confused:

Bad fuse. Brake lights functional. Time to exercise Sogno :D

Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Glad you got it fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts