Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2001 748 BI but the battery is dead and with an upcoming warm weekend I've been searching for the correct replacement. The battery in the bike was a Yuasa YT12B-BS.

My question is whether a regular 12BS will work? For example, Sears sells a DieHard Power Sport Battery 12-BS. My knowledge on the bike is limited and I want to make sure I am using the correct battery.

I've tried Pep Boys, which had nothing, and a local bike shop which had it for $125. I figured I could save some money and shop it out.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
344 Posts
if you have a cycle gear close by they have a generic on for 50-60$ or so
i googled it you have one here 2052 Lincoln Highway, Edison, NJ 08817

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
If you have a batteries plus, you can get a replacement w/ 6 month warranty for $80

·
Registered
81 Posts
To expand more on the Cycle Gear batteries, they do have a brand called Megaboost. It is pretty pricey at first, but it carries a lifetime warranty. The 1st one I had died within about a year, which was on and off a battery tender " mostly off :D " Never left me stranded anywhere, never failed on me until last week. Went in with the now dead battery and they swapped it out without a question.

I want to say we have the same battery, in the Megaboost case, its the CT12B-BS. " MEGABOOST Batteries - Cycle Gear "

If you want something a bit more crazy, have you checked out the Shorai or the Ballistic battery? I've been debating if the weight savings is worth it, I also read that you can leave these batteries off a tender for a year and it'll only discharge about 10%

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If there is an Interstate Battery nearby they almost certainly can hook you up. I can't recall how the 748 battery is mounted (I think like my 851, terminals up). Whatever you do get an AGM battery, don't waste your money on a flooded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help

Thank you for the responses. I ended going to Batteries Plus as they had the best price ~$80 for the 12B-BS. Much appreciated for the quick replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts