Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Yea, its in my Hanyes as well but then it says if its a 2000 model year 748 (plus a few other bikes) to measure differently, ie 244 from the top cap to the top of the lower triple, so thats what I did. In the electronic copy of the 2000 Ducati Shop manual it also uses the 244 or a 240 (+-1) measurement. I measured and marked it before I installed the forks and slid them in until the line I marked on them, but I should probably have used the 240 measure for the 748 instead of the 244 for the 748S. that way id be at the bottom line on the top of the Fork. My Error it seems. Trust the Ducati manual not Haynes. Haynes is readily accessible in the shop, but ...note to self...check the Duc Manual-- 240mm will put me where I need to be.

·
Banned
25 Posts
My 748 is precariously vertical when on its kickstand. I believe it has an aftermarket stand (a billet one). however I also hear form a forum member that maybe other things like the rear wheel eccentric may be Nox Vidmate VLC at play here. I dont see anything out of whack, but I thought id post here and see what the experts say. The stand is 27cm in length from the bottom of the foot to the centre of the mounting/poivot hole. Im unsure on the wheel eccentric, as its very different to the ones ive seen on my Kawasaki ZRX1100.

you actually have to tip the bike to the right to sweep the kick stand up or down. Always been like this since I got it, but Its gotta be wrong. Any one able to measure their kickstand length ? im ok with aftermarket if its the right length, but then I need to know why its like this?

View attachment 984977

View attachment 984978 View attachment 984979
You are toying with the turning/leaning performance/stability at point. Jack up the ride height so that the ride hight adjuster shows 4 threads on the "eye thing" on either end of the rear ride hight adjuster.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So my rear centric adjuster wrench finally arrived from the UK . I was able to rotate the centric 180 degrees to the correct position. Now it sits higher and the kick stand is all good.

thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
You are toying with the turning/leaning performance/stability at point. Jack up the ride height so that the ride hight adjuster shows 4 threads on the "eye thing" on either end of the rear ride hight adjuster.
This...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes, that part is set ok, the problem was the centric was above the centre line of the swing arm and according to experts here and the manual it should not have been, it should be below the centre line of the swing arm. PO was a woman and it had been lowered that way to fit her short inseam.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This..

Reactions: ProphetPVD

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
it would have been better if the "Quote" I clicked had showed up. LOL

Reactions: ProphetPVD