Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

748 idle power loss problem

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  yellow blur 
#1 ·
hey guys, here is my story, las week i hit the 10 000 km, and i decided to bring the machine 748 2000 to the mecanic, to do the 10 000 service, i ended up with, adjustements of the valves, rear brake pads, oil change, spark plugs changes, gaz pump, and 4 rocker arms! damn those rockers arms are expensive! i ended up paying 1 731,75CA$

then when i arrive to the garage to pickup up my bike the mecanic tells mr that, my bike missfires on a cylindre, he tells me its probably tle TPS sensor or the throttle body..or injector.. i tell him i didnt have any problem before i left the bike here.. he tells me its because they adjusted the idle bolt to 1200rpm thats why u didnt notice, i tell him no my bike was running smooth and perfect a 800..900 rpm on he idle..

anyway i paid the mecanic, i started my bike, and i left the garage, the rpm on idle was 1200rpm.. after 2 miles of driving there was a stop, so idid my stop and i wanted to verify the idle again the idle was oing up down irregulary to 1200,, 1000,, 900.. 1200.. like the bike was suffering or choking on something, then i geared it to the 1st gear and when i let go the clutch lever the bike just died, i started it back again, the rpm idle was anormal again, i let go the clutch again but with more rpm, (2000rpm) and it died, i said wtf!? iuied again with with 3000rpm.. and it worked but the engine shaked alot, i i felt the loss off power .. always on the first gear and then PAW! THE POWER CAME IN instanly like at 4000 rpm

so i called the mecanic back he told me bring it back to me monday morning,

what u guys think of this problem? is it common? what is it? i have he feeling that im getting screwed big time with this mecanic garage..

and sorry for my english im french from canada :cool:

See less See more
#3 ·
Can’t say that sounds too good, like the shop may not know what they are doing -- any other choices for you? The missing symptoms and their analysis of it don’t sound right to me. And you have to ask yourself why it runs so bad AFTER the service when it was running just fine before you brought it in…(as you already have)... I personally wouldn’t trust them again…… you have to wonder what else they did??

Good luck man.. That totally sucks……:mad: Hope you get it running right soon…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.