Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
too much will upset it, 60 is 4 bar ish, which is only 15% or so more in flow terms. not a huge difference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Quick question and need a quick answer! I'm checking to verify my cam belts were done correctly. My cam Marks and my crank marks all aligned correctly but not when it's on the compression stroke (vertical cylinder)..does that matter .. or do I need to aligne the markings on the compression stroke (vertical cylinder) I hope this makes sense

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Aline the brimary belt pulley mark first. (The dot on the pulley , and the line/mark that is approximately behind the oil pressure sensor on the clutch cover)

The vertical intake cam is loaded and needs to be "locked" so it doesn't move. However, with some practice you can do it without a cam locking tool.

See the timing marks in the image. They all must line up as seen.

(White to yellow on the head cams, and I've annotated the marks that are on the primary cam and clutch side engine cover)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Belts were correct. Is there any vaccum lines that anyone can think of that may need checked?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I came across an actual barn find. A rough Ducati 748 that needed to be brought back to life. So far I've done the following
Replace all fluids. Hydraulics, oil, reverse image search email checker port checker and coolant
New spark plugs
Tons of wiring
I removed the throttle bodies and injectors and had them ultrasonic cleaned. When I did that I removed the TPS sensor also. Put on all new gas lines and quick disconnects.
Resealed and lined the inside of the gas tank
New fuel filter.
And of course a new battery.
I put it all back together and started it. It took awhile for it to turn over but when it did. I had to keep it at a minimum of 3000 rpm or it would die. Also sounded rough with a mild pop from the forward cylinder. I was hoping to have it run before valve adjustments and cam belts but I'm at a loss now what's wrong..very cheap compression gauge = 100 psi vertical cylinder and 110 front cylinder. But that's probably the first start in 5 years .
you can get acl race series bearings for them, bearing surface is actually a touch wider than the originals. you need to machine a new locating notch in the rod to centre the bearings. heard of others using a suzuki swift shell too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
My mechanic said my rocker arms are flaking and no good. Is swapping them out not an option for me with other ones to save myself $2500

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
My mechanic said my rocker arms are flaking and no good. Is swapping them out not an option for me with other ones to save myself $2500
I've got many, many good used rocker arms.
Send me a message, and I can try to help you out...

61 - 68 of 68 Posts