Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to all those w/ a 748/998. have any of you had problems with the fuel connectors going loose and having gas stain the actual engine? Thanks, Paul T.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
yes, but not loose, just drip and run off from the o-ring. i suspect you have a bad o-ring unless its the line to the canister. did yours leak and eat the paint. i'm sorry if it did.

you know you can check on it really easy, if you haven't already. and the o-ring is very easy to replace.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first, they are the oem clamp-ons, and to the ducati enthusiest, you can see it stain droplets at the bottem part of the engine (flat part above the clutch on the slave side). then when i take the tank off, there are little puddles that are just like a really dirty urin color. luckaly none of it got to the powdercoat frame or plastics.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Which connections is the fuel leaking from? At the hoses/hard lines? At the hard lines where they attach to the tank plate?

If it's leaking at the hose/hard lines, have you have a couple of ways to try and fix your leaks. I swiched over to QD's so I can't recall if the clamps are screw-type or the one time use crimp-type clamps.

If the clamps are screw-type, have you tried tightening the clamps? If the clamps are the crimp-on type, you can remove the clamps and replace them with screw-type clamps. I recall reading someplace that screw-type clamps should be tightened to 15 in.-lb.

Before replacing the clamps, remove the rubber hoses and trim off the distorted portion that was under the old clamps. This will give the new clamps a new portion of hose with which to clamp against. There should be enough hose length to do this. Verify this first before you cut the hose, though.

If fuel is leaking at the hard line/plate interface, verify that the connections are tight (Item 29 on the attached pages). If the connections are tight, you may need to replace the four sealing washers (Item 26).

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts