Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to sell my 748, sad but this been long time coming, got to pay for my kids pre-school...

I wasn't really advertising, only mentioned it to a friend and instantly had a buyer and a handshake deal, except the buyer flaked after talking to his parents.

While changing oil last week found a small shiny flake in the pick up screen and the search was on! Couple hours later had found a flaked rocker and another one showing some wear, both already replaced, now just waiting for new gaskets and bearings, replacing both cam and belt tensioner bearings as well as all the gaskets that I removed so far.
Wile there I changed tires and fork oil, cleaned air filters, just making sure it's 100% when It's ready to go.

Bike is mostly 2001 "E" model but I swapped the frame for 1997 (clean title) so I can have adjustable steering. Frame was powdercoated silver last winter
Mostty stock other than:
SpeedyMoto clutch cover and pressure plate
5 spoke Marchecini "S" wheels and 996 brake rotors
Akrapovic slip ons
pipe-x Air filters in stock location
hypertrick EPROM
Biposto
16,989 miles as it sits today

Paint not perfect but looks good from 10' away.

It's been a good bike but I need $$ and can't justify having all the bikes I currently own.

$4500 fully serviced, should be done next week if parts show up.

here's the most recent picture I have, posted plenty of them playing this http://www.ducati.ms/forums/11-ducati-motorcycle-chat/114291-ducati-motocycle-tag-game.html

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor does not have a VIN, just a serial number that NEVER matches the frame

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Nice bike man. It would be worth double what your asking here in Oz

Good luck with the sale.

Craig

·
A 748 Fanatic
3,155 Posts
74888888888's

That is a very nice looking motorcycle.

My buddy, a partner in crime that restores old wooden bodied cars has a tractor just like the one in the background.

We will meet at Fontana,,,Later George

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally it's done

3 new rockers (1 was bad, 2 others looked less than 100%)
New fork oil
New engine oil (Motul 300V) and filter (Ducati)
New cam and tensioner bearings
All gaskets, seals and o-rings that were removed for service replaced with new ones
New valve seals (just happened to have a set I bought from SP3)
Pipe-Cross filters cleaned and oiled
Reused timing belts, they are 15 month old original Ducati and have 4300 miles on them, good till next valve service at 24K

Went for a 60 mile ride Saturday, it runs great, just turned 17,000 miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.